Ukraine and its role at European Gas market
Ukraine plays an important role at the European gas market.
- - Ukraine remains main transit avenue of Russian gas to EU.
- - Ukraine is #1 in Europe by capacity of underground gas storages
- - Ukraine is #2 in proven natural gas reserves
- - Ukraine is #4 by gas production volume in Europe
JSC Ukrgasvydobuvannya is the largest gas production company in Central and Eastern Europe. In Ukraine, it is a major player specializing in natural gas and gas condensate production.
JSC Ukrgasvydobuvannya is a 100%-owned subsidiary of NJSC Naftogaz of Ukraine. In 2019 the Company provided the commercial gas production at the level of 13.62 bcm, which was given to the public and DHC (district heating company).
The results of 2019 were achieved due to the production program:
- - 3D seismic exploration works in the amount of 801.7 km2 were performed, the gas reserve increase through the course of the year amounted to 14.9 billion m3;
- - Three new fields were opened with a total resource portfolio of 2.15 billion m3 of gas, 16 thousand tons of oil;
- - 74 wells were drilled, the commercial drilling speed of new drilling rigs was 850 m/rig-month, of upgraded ones - 800 m/rig-month;
- - Eight hundred one coiled tubing operations were performed with the additional natural gas effect of 321 mln. m3 ;
- - 117 HF operations were presented with the other natural gas effect of 484.5 million m3;
- - 202 workover operations were performed with the additional natural gas effect of 333 million m3;
- - 2 126 geophysical operations were completed, the logging elevators and geophysical tools were purchased;
- - specialists of UkrNDIGas and Schlumberger built 18 geological-technological 3D models of the fields, 16 new operating wells were drilled and designed based on 3D models;
- - 2 BCS and 2 SBCD were developed, four gas drying installations, 11 compressor units were installed;
- - Thirty-eight automatic process control systems were updated.
JSC Ukrgasvydobuvannya develops the gas, oil and oil and gas condensate deposits in Kharkiv, Poltava, Sumy, Donetsk, Luhansk, Dnipropetrovsk, Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Zakarpattia, Chernivtsi and Volyn regions. The Company’s geological exploration of new hydrocarbon deposits is carried out in the Dniprovsko-Donetska cavity and the Carpathian Mountains.
The Company incorporates of 11 branches, including: 3 gas production divisions, drilling division, gas and gas condensate processing division, as well as UGV-Service.
The branch of JSC Ukrgasvydobuvannya is UkrBurGas Drilling Division, the largest drilling enterprise in Ukraine. Four drilling departments, technological transport and special equipment departments are the part of the branch and carry out a full range of well construction operations.
JSC Ukrgasvydobuvannya owns a chain of 19 gasoline filling stations in the Kharkiv region. In 2018, the total sales amounted to 524.3 thousand tons, including 325.5 thousand tons of light petroleum products and 162.3 thousand tons of LPG.