The national jury selected our contribution to help the country counteract COVID-19 titled We Care About Protection from 1,163 applications. As a result, the company is awarded with the 1st place diploma and the related Angel of Kindness award.
Last year, Naftogaz contributed over UAH 650 mln to the fight against COVID-19. These funds were used to purchase personal protective equipment, gloves, sanitisers, oxygen concentrators and other equipment to make medical workers feel safer and more confident and to provide patients with timely and high-quality medical treatment.
- · As part of the Mriya Project, in early May 2020 the Naftogaz Group acquired 200 tonnes of charitable goods for over UAH 580 mln for 287 health care facilities. In total, the company purchased 500,000 protective coveralls, 700 patient monitors, 50 mobile digital X-ray machines, and 50 portable ultrasound machines for Ukrainian hospitals.
- · Under the Safe EIT Project, the company acquired 3.2 mln protective masks, 20,000 litres of sanitisers and 1,200 protective suits which made it possible to hold the EIT, the uniform entrance exam and the uniform professional entrance testing in 2020.
- · As part of the charitable assistance to communities, 236 medical and obstetric stations and 60 central district hospitals received over 1 mln pairs of protective gloves, 500,000 medical masks, 220,000 respirator masks, 920 infrared non-contact thermometers, and 8,600 litres of sanitisers.
- · Moreover, the case of We Care About Protection included the projects Assistance to Hospitals, 49 Lung Ventilators and Modern Hospital to the Community.
In 2021, the company intends to spend UAH 300 mln on the fight against COVID-19.
– We want to thank the organisers for the competition. It shows how many companies in Ukraine are not indifferent and are ready to provide support both to the country and its citizens in this period of uncertainty. Naftogaz as a national company could not stand aside in these difficult times for the country. We continue providing our assistance both on the national level and in the communities of our presence where we implement social and infrastructural partnership,” Yevhen Baranov, Head of the Regional Development Department of Ukrgasvydobuvannya JSC (Naftogaz Group) said in his address.